Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's going on

I've been wanting to post for a while, but holy crap, two kids keep me busy enough to keep away from the computer. So sorry if I haven't been reading all of your blogs religiously lately. Anway, what's been happening the last two months? Jake finished his first semester of law school. He did an awesome job and I'm super proud of him. We did make it home for Christmas. The drive down was pretty snowy and crazy, but we made it. The first picture below was taken from some random town on the drive down. I was watching the deer on the side of the road and the snow was so deep in some places that it came up to their bellies. I felt really bad for them because it looked like it was really hard to move around. It was probably really hard to find food too. Anyway, the second picture was from the ride home two weeks later. The snow was almost completely gone, which made for a much smoother ride.
The kids were troopers, but I think next winter we will probably fly. We really would have liked to see more of our friends and family while we were down, but it was hard to travel and work around naps and feedings and junk. So sorry if we didn't get to see you.

Since then, Jake's been back to school and we barely see him. This semester is already a lot more involved then last semester, so we're counting down the days until summer.

Meatballs #1 and #2 are growing like weeds. Gwen got this tent thing with tunnels for Christmas that really doesn't fit anywhere in our tiny apartment, but that's what she and Ira are in below.
Sorry this post is really boring. I'm starting to nod off myself, so if you've made it this far more power to you.

Gwen is always very concious of the needs of her horses and frogs and whenever she eats a meals she prepares a plate of food for them as well. A few weeks ago I was passing by our shelf and found this:
Anyway, now you know why I haven't posted in two months.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Megan, It's so good to see that you are still alive! The kids are adorable, and Ira is getting so big. Thanks for updating again. Tell Jake good luck in school. We miss you guys!

Juannaelmi said...

Your life is not quite as boring as you think. I love that Gwen makes little plates of food for her animals. What a cutie!

beth said...

Your kids are very cute! Glad you are doing well clear up there.

Melissa said...

That picture of Gwen feeding her horse and frog is the best.
I'd love to own that house.
I bet that house has enough room for the kids little tent and tubes!

Dorothy said...

picture of Gwen and Ira is wonderful. Boy have they grown.

Haley and James said...

I love that Gwen feeds her toys. Hilarious. Yeah, we're doing much better. I'm glad you posted so we know what's up! We'll have to hang this summer for sure. Hope you are surviving the winter!

Maricela said...

I am glad to know that you guys are doing well!! Those kids are getting too big too fast :)

Nick & Bon said...

I love the pic with Gwen and Ira in the tent! I remember you telling us about the tent :) It's so great that Gwen feeds her animals! What a cutie!