This was the first year we've ever hosted Thanksgiving. It was great. Jake's brother Dave and his wife Holly came up from Provo and we invited our friends the Nakaya's and the Kirkham's. The Kirkham's couldn't make it because they were in the hospital having a baby girl! We still had a pretty packed house--it doesn't take much to pack a tiny two-bedroom apartment. Anyway, the food was great and so was the company. We're lucky to have good friends close by and family that doesn't mind traveling.Gwen adored Dave while he was here (even though she kept calling him Zach) and insisted on having her bedtime milk and storytime from him--a privilege even Jake rarely enjoys.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Thanksgiving
Posted by Megan at 8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Love the pic of the toys! Isn't it amazing the destruction and mess a couple of kids can cause so quickly!
Oh my goodness, that's a great pic. of Yuki and Masaru messing up the house. Classic!
I love that one of Ira commanding Gwen for some pie.
Very clever.
You were really good at guitar hero I thought.
A little more practice and you'll be GREAT.
It looks like you had a blast! I'm not brave enough to host Thanksgiving. No way. I love the picture of Ira and Gwen together. So stinkin cute!
What fun. I agree with Melissa, I like the proof of the kids overturning EVERy toy! Got to love it...and got to love the chance for the adults to lounge on the couch as friends!
Aaah, the joys of endless toys. But it's worth it to get some "adult" time with the ones you enjoy. Once you have hosted Thanksgiving for the first time, it gets much easier and not so intimidating. If you can do it with a new baby, you can easily do it during a regular year.
Hey Megan! I am glad that you guys are having fun over there. I love the picture of the room with all the toys. Sometimes it is just easier to let them make a mess so long as we get a few mintues to do what we need to!
I bet your thanksgiving feast was awesome!
Hi guys,
Cute photos and cute baby. We're really jealous right about now because we still are just looking at a large belly and no baby. But that's okay...
Hope you're enjoying life in the Palouse! :)
Haley
Post a Comment