Thursday, October 23, 2008

The stats


As I have heard that people like stats in regards to the birth, here they are:
1) Megan was in labor from 4:00 am to 9:18 am.
2) The pushing lasted for approximately 10-20 minutes
3) There were no meds or epidural
4) Megan yelled like a powerful woman should yell.

and the baby:

1) 8 lbs 5 ozs.
2) 20 inches long
3) hands perfect for catching a football when he is older, like tomorrow.

21 comments:

Jacob K. said...

Test test, yep it works

Laura said...

WOW!!! You are a lucky girl with such a short labor.

COngrats to all. He is a cutie pie and super chunky! Love it!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you fixed the comments... now I can leave another one!

Megan - You're wonderwoman! You go girl! I'm glad you yelled. I probably would've been swearing TONS!

Gwen - You're so stinking cute. I love the bow in your hair. Enjoy your little brother!

Ira - Welcome to the world. You're a big boy. Don't let dad throw the ball to you too soon... They never stop once they start.

The Jake - Thanks for posting the stats. I'm impressed that you're keeping up the blog so good while trying to refrain from throwing the ball to your son.

Congrats again guys!

Katie said...

Awesome short labor! And Megan, you are superwoman to do it w/o drugs!! I am so impressed!! Congrats, he is adorable and Gwen is going to be such a cute big sister!!

Sarah said...

Congratualtions! Glad everything went well! Best wishes with number 2 in the house.

Chelsea said...

yah i can finally comment, he is so adorable, that gets me so excited but hopefully not for a 8lb baby wow meg no meds, I hope that was not on purpose j/k and also who would have thought the boy would get all the hair hu? I hope you are recovering well and all is great in Idaho!

Melissa said...

I'd just like to add EVERYONE that Megan dropped Gwen off to me at 7:30am and had a couple of contractions while talking to me and made it seem easy!
So less than 2 hours later had the baby.
I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT.
The Jake I loved the line about her yelling like a powerful woman should. It makes tears come to my eyes.
Megan, you truely are powerful to go through natural labour.
Love you

Ariana said...

Holy short labor!! Man, who did you bribe? ;-)

Glad everything went well. Gwen is a cute big sister!

beth said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!

TIFFANY MARTIN said...

I am so excited for you! I showed kate the pictures and asked her if she wants a little brother and she said yes, then I said, "or a little sister" cause we don't know what it is yet, and she said no. I thought that was funny. Anyway, he is adorable and i am so proud of you for doing it without the epidural. I hope I never do that, but you are my hero!

Rebecca and Nick said...

WOW!!! Way to go WOMAN!!!! I love those stats, you couldn't ask for a better delivery! And I am very impressed and excited that you did that with no epidural! That's the way I did it with Owen. I just had to prove to myself that I could do what my mom and sisters had done. It's crazy though, isn't it? I am so glad you have such a cute and healthy little baby. What a cute little family!

Tiffany said...

Congrats, congrats. I'm glad you yelled to your hearts content and that they didn't tell you to be quiet because you were scaring the other patients.
Very cute picture of brother and sister. They will be great pals.

Daniel Kent said...

Well done the Jake. Isn't the yelling amazing?!!! Powerful indeed.

ashley said...

you suck! What a short labor. Oh well at least I never have to do it again! Cute kid. Glad he's here safe and sound. Wes is loving the name Ira.

Haley and James said...

Hi guys,

We are so happy that all went well for your delivery! Congrats on welcoming cute little Ira. I hope recovery is going great and send our best wishes. Only 5 more weeks for us! (AHHH)

Love,

Haley, James & Ashton

Maricela said...

Congratulations to you! Glad to hear that everything went well. Both of your kids are so cute!

Talbot Family said...

Congratulations. I am glad she represented on the yell! You go girl. 8 pds. anything isn't easy to blast out of your huha especially without drugs. Nice work my dear, we are very happy for you.

Laura H. said...

I love the blog Megan. Thanks for letting Jessica and I stop by today. Ira is a cutie. Oh, and sorry about the lack of epidural - not fun.

Laura Hales

Carrie said...

Hey! How about some more pictures of your baby and Gwen!? We want to see how he's growing! What's going on in the wild wild town of Moscow?

Chaci said...

Congrats! He's so cute...and I can't get over how big he is...I keep waiting for my boys to hit seven pounds...and they're six weeks old. How is Gwen reacting to her brother?

Anonymous said...

WOW, lady! We're so happy for you..Ira, eh? I knew it would be unique...Glad he showed up at a good time...congrats! I love the one of him smiling the biggest Meganish smile there ever was!