So after a couple days of driving, we finally made it! Unfortunately, I left Gwen's juice box in my purse with our camara our last day of driving, so our camera didn't work for a couple of days. Now the mechanisms are all sticky, but it works. Hooray!
Moving day! This is how we got a solid hour of Gwen not begging to be held. She was a little needy and emotional with all the commotion. (No, we are not going to miss our fake marble countertops or lovely brown cabinets.)

Gwen ready to go with her purse and her monkey George.


Kickin' back in the hotel in Boise.

Thanks a million for the use of your DVD player Mom, it saved our life! (Yes, the DVD player is mounted to the back of the seat with packing tape.)

Jake came up here to find an apartment back in May and he reported that everything from Boise on North was lush, beautiful scenery. This was about two hours out of Moscow. Not really what I was expecting.

Our overheated truck on the side of the road next to the beautiful green landscape that Jake was talking about.

When we got here on Saturday, it was super hot--somewhere around 100 degrees. This morning Gwen and I went for a walk and had to bundle up because it was so cold. Right now it's in the 60's, but when we went for our walk it was probably in the low 50's or high 40's. (Side note on that hat Gwen's wearing. Gwen's Aunt Shannon made it for her and it's been her favorite, favorite hat. We've lost it SOOO many times and have been lucky enough to find it every time. This morning was another of those occasions. We were almost home from our holy huge walk and I realized it was gone. I backtracked part of the way, but we'd already been gone an hour and I really didn't want to make it another hour, so we just headed home to get in the car and search. Luckily, Moscow isn't that big a place, so if I had to scour the whole town, I probably could have. Anyway, we found it! Hooray for Shannon's hat!

Sheep that live in the hills behind our apartment complex.

The rolling hills of Moscow.

Jake started orientation on Tuesday, which goes through this week and starts school on Monday. Gwen and I are wishing him the best and preparing for life without him for a while. We are lucky and grateful to have our friends the Nakayas and the Olsens up here starting law school as well, but we really miss everybody from home--Gwen keeps asking for friends and family members. Last night we video chatted (is there some term for this?) online with Ann & Justin and their kids Nate and Ella, and Gwen loved it...until we had to disconnect and we couldn't go hang out with them.
13 comments:
You have finally given us an update!! Glad to see that you are settling in. Gwen is getting so big. Say hi to Jake for us and wish him good luck on our behalf. I want to see a picture of you and that belly!!
Good luck adjusting, loving the new "green" landscape, and keeping things at the house together while Jake is gone so much. Good luck Jake and Dru, both!!!
So glad we ran into you at Smith's before you left. We wish you all good luck! Keep us posted on your life without Jake, making new friends, the new baby and Gwen's growth a little more frequenty.
it looks like you had quite an adventure! you are such a trooper, and wow the scenery is beautiful lol. I'm sure it gets better... right? well we are glad you made it safe and i hope you love your new apartment.
I was wondering if that would happen after the video chat. The big question is, are there goat heads up there?
Yea! You made it! We miss you at playgroup already. I'm so glad you posted though, so we could see what Moscow is like. Keep it up! Kate was looking at the pictures of Gwen with me and getting excited. I think she will miss her friend.
I"m glad you guys made it safely. I hope you have a great adventure up there. I'm glad you already know someone there, and that you'll have another playgroup so quickly. Keep updating us on life in Moscow!
Love the scenery. It reminds me of Zeke's story of arriving there on his mission (Spokane)--he had always thought of Washington as lush and green, so he didn't bother to check out what Spokane would be like. Little bit of a shock when he arrived. But he learned to love the farm, country life. Wish Jake luck starting school on Monday.
Wow, glad you guys made it! That will be us in a week headed to Las Vegas in a moving truck! I am not counting on seeing ANY green the entire time. Hope you guys like your new place!
Man I took absolutely NO pic's of our trip up here. I"m gonna have to reffer everyone to your blog for pic's of Moscow and the Budget truck LOL.
Cool pictures...I think the scenery is beautiful, really! Good luck, hopefully Jake won't have to be studying too much. In the meantime, just think how adventurous it sounds to be able to say that you live in Moscow!
DVD PLAYER love of my life as well. The kids are just little angles back there for trips..it gets kind of annoying when they want to turn it on when we are only going down the street but I take what I can get.
oh yeah I wanted to mention that if you take a look at my blog you can get the names and blog addresses of everyone from last nights enrichment.
Post a Comment