Thursday, January 17, 2008

I put my hand in poo today

Like I said, I put my hand in excrement today. I was in the middle of making a salad that I was supposed to take to my neighbor and looked down only to see a precious spot of bodily waste on the back of Gwen's onsie. This indicated to me that the kiwi I'd given to Gwen on previous occasion without incident, had not been so sympathetic to her bowels this time around.

While changing Gwen's diaper, she demonstrated her normal diaper changing behavior: crying, twisting, screaming, biting, etc. While removing the soiled diaper and wiping clean the loose yellow stool which was speckled with tiny black kiwi seeds, Gwen managed to get a hold of the nasty thing. And this is how I happened to place my unfortunate hand in poo today. I quickly retreived the diaper, but in the process placed my hand in her feces. There was a struggle, and by the end Gwen had poo smeared up the entirety of her back.

I hope all is going well for anyone reading this and that you did not have to put your hand in poo today.

2 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

If it makes you feel any better, I put my finger in poo yesterday. I thought I would just pull out the diaper and pants at Ella's waist to see if she had pooped and there it was on my finger. Luckily for me, Ella is still pretty good during a diaper change and I haven't had to fight over a poopy diaper. Yay for me!! So sad for you :(

beth said...

It didn't really feel like Megan's blog until there was a poo story. So thank you.