Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Man, it's been a while

Cedar Trip

Jake and I headed down south last week, leaving Gwen with Grandma and Grandpa. This was our first time leaving her with someone for an extended period of time and thought the whole experience might be a little traumatic for her. Nope. She almost couldn't wait to see us leave so that she could have grandma all to herself. She kept saying "Bye!" and waving us off. Even when we came back to get after being gone two days, she was kind of like, "Oh hey, you're back." I really think we missed her more than she missed us.

Anyway, Cedar City was fun. We went to Two Gentlemen of Verona at the Shakespearean festival. The play was entertaining and the acting was great, but the storyline was pretty lame. I hate to discredit any play written by Shakespeare--who am I to discredit The Bard himself? But I think he could have done better with that one. Call me uncultured.




We headed up to Cedar breaks our first night up there.
Some have requested that I put a shot of my belly on my blog. Here you go.




Kent Family Reunion

So after picking up Gwen from my parents', we headed to the Kent Family Reunion up in Idaho. We went to the Dayton Fourth of July Celebration which has the best parade ever. It consists of about two floats and lots of candy (that's all anybody really wants from a parade anyway).
Gwen's balloon that she had for about 30 seconds.Gwen's balloon caught in the tree.
Gwen being cool.


After the festivities, we headed up to Dayton Basin to camp.

Gwen woke us up a little too early the next morning, so instead of waking up everybody, Jake, Gwen and I went for a hike. We were all pretty ornery through the whole thing, which was too bad because the scenery was gorgeous.



Our campground was right next to this stream, which all the kids loved, except for our prissy daughter who refused to enjoy it.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow you've been buzy. I'd love to spend a weekend with just Dru and no kids!
I should do it now, before law school aye!
I'm glad you guys had fun.
Nice shot of your 'belly' it's conveniently about 2000 miles away though.

Sarah said...

Looks like you've had some busy, fun family times this summer! Thanks for the update. It is still good to keep tabs on you. You look great. Hope you feel o.k.

Carrie said...

Hey! You posted again! I'm so glad. Looks like you had a good time. Gwen is stinkin cute. Sarah's right, you do look great. Hope this pregnancy is not as "throw uppy" as the last. Hope you're feeling good. Tell Jake and Gwen hi for us.

beth said...

Hey that looks like a lot of fun things you did. I don't know much about Shakespearean plays, but I'll take your word for it on that one.

Tiffany said...

Looks like you have gotten some great outdoors time in. How does Gwen like camping?

Rebecca and Nick said...

Lucky you got to go on a childless vacation. I would do it,but I'm afraid of what Owen would do to whom ever we left him with!
You are lookin good!

Laura said...

Hey! I am glad you have posted again and to know you guys are doing great and apparently having lots of fun. you look great...even though the picture is SO far away. Hope to see you guys soon!

Gwenny looks so cute!