Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frontrunner

If I did not live practically next door to my friend Christie, I would probably sit at home all day eating bonbons. Luckily for me and my lovehandles she is always coming up with things for us to do. Yesterday we took Frontrunner into Salt Lake and back. We probably would have taken it further, but I, being the party pooper that I am, didn't want to mess with Gwen's lunch and nap time. Also I was babysitting cute Olivia and wasn't quite used to going places with two toddlers. Man, I don't know how people ever get out of the house with twins (good luck Chaci).

Despite the look of apprehension on her face, Olivia was stoked to ride the train.
Waiting for the train. By the way, I know I look like a freak show, but I got this backpack a few weeks ago and it's totally awesome. Gwen loves it and it's come in handy so many times.
Christie and her cute little meatball Kennedee.
Enjoying the ride.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

These pic's are so cute. You don't look like a freak show LOL You look like your being sensible. I loved that shot of Olivia waiting and the one of Gwen and her at the end just hanging out.
Masaru went on it yesterday with his cousins. He was raving about it.
I'm glad you had fun.

Juannaelmi said...

We made the trip down again today and took Trax. Much better without all the people. Nate kept thinking it was so awesome that the train-Trax- was driving on the road.

Tiffany said...

You learn alot from watching someone else's kids along with your own--like how to have more than one. Before I had Lily, I had always done a little day care, so I was never shocked when I added another of my own, until this last one. Since I wasn't watching any else's kids I didn't have a "practice" number four. Thus, this was the hardest transition ever. When we lived in CA, I watched a little girl who was 6 mos. older than Noah. Since we all had season passes to Disneyland, some days we would go there for an easy babysit. It was a blast.

Rebecca and Nick said...

Hey Megan!
I love your baby backpack! I need to get me one.

Laura said...

HOW FUN!!! My kids would LOVE that. What a fabulous idea... I will have to try it out soon.

Sarah said...

What a fun day. Yep....two is certainly different than one. Always on your toes and counting heads...

Chaci said...

Thanks for the encouragement Megs...everytime I see anyone trying to handle 1 infant or toddler, I start hyperventilating wondering where my second set of arms is going to come from! Congrats on Baby no. 2! How exciting. Also, I love that you guys are doing the play date thing. Keep it going for four more years so I can come, eh? Even better, bring on the road and come to Philly!